Surrounded by beauty, filled with fun.
Sports and Recreation
Hyannis Harbor, located just a short walk from Main Street, is the perfect place for fishing and boating. From the Harbor, you can take the ferries to the islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, as well as charter boats for daily fishing trips, scenic cruises and site-seeing tours. Nearby Barnstable Harbor is also a great fishing destination and offers many sport fishing charters and whale watching.
More of a land lubber? There's also premier saltwater fishing for bluefish, cod, striped bass and flounder off many beaches and jetties throughout the Hyannis area. For more information and to find out about fishing licenses contact the Barnstable Town Hall.
- Hyannis Golf Club
- Old Barnstable Fairgrounds Golf Course
- Stay and Play Golf on Cape Cod offer many golf packages to stay and play in the Hyannis area.
Contact us for a complete listing of golf courses and tennis facilities in our area.
- MA Audubon Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sandy Neck Great Salt Marsh Conservation Area
- West Barnstable Conservation Area
- Cape Cod Pathways Trail
- Cape Cod Rail Trail
- Town of Barnstable
Contact us for a map of bike paths and hiking paths in the area.
Youth & Community Center
The Hyannis Youth & Community Center is a state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of Hyannis, (formerly the site of the Kennedy Memorial Skating Rink). The now 105,000 square foot facility includes the Lyndon P. Lorusso Youth Center with arcade games, ping-pong and pool tables, a 12,000 sq. ft. Gymnasium with an elevated walking track, two full size skating rinks, nine locker rooms, a café operated by Ardeo's Restaurant and all purpose community The Hyannis Youth & Community Center is a state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of Hyannis, (formerly the site of the Kennedy Memorial Skating Rink). The now 105,000 square foot facility includes the Lyndon P. Lorusso Youth Center with arcade games, ping-pong and pool tables, a 12,500 sq. ft. Gymnasium with an elevated walking track with three lanes, two full size skating rinks, eight locker rooms, a café operated by The Casual Gourmet and all purpose community meeting rooms. Public skating is offered year round and affordable annual memberships and day passes are available to all residents and visitors. It is also the home to numerous basketball and hockey teams, including four local high schools and the Northern States Junior Hockey League's Cape Cod Islanders.
Drop-in Programs Fall 2014
- High School (Grades 8-12) Open Gym Volleyball. Sundays (Sep 7-Dec 28) 4-6PM on two courts. Limited to 36 players. Daily fee is just $5 ($4 for HYCC Members)
- Adults 18+ Open Gym Basketball. Sundays (Sep 7-Dec 28) 7-9PM on two courts. Limited to 32 players.. Daily fee is just $5 ($4 for HYCC Members)
- Adults 18+ Open Gym Volleyball. Mondays (Sep 15-Dec 29 (no program Nov 3)) 7:30-9:30PM on two courts. Limited to 36 players. Daily fee is just $5 ($4 for HYCC Members)
- Community Yoga. Tuesdays (No program on Sep 9 or Nov 4) 8-9AM. Classes are taught by Cape Community Yoga and are FREE thanks to Cape Cod Healthcare.
- Miss Lori's Creative Movement Playgroup. Tuesdays and Thursdays (No program Sep 9 or Nov 4) 9:30-11AM. daily fee is $10/child; $8/additional child.
To learn more about the sporting events, or to find out how to attend or arrange a tournament, trade show, business meeting or birthday party, please contact the HYCC at 508-790-6345 or visit www.town.barnstable.ma.us/hycc